martedì 6 gennaio 2009

That posh accent

..which gives me goose bump and which I was not sure I would have listened to again, at least talking to me over the phone...
But sometimes things just happen when we least expect them, and so I find myself sitting on the couch of my bedroom talking joking laughing while finally relaxing as the conversation unfolds, and it does not even seem real that we are talking again and as usual he is laughing whatever I say, with that laugh of his that is at the same time childish and charming, and that makes me feel good and laugh by default...and as usual I would have so many things to say and talk about, it's been such a long time that we haven't talked over the phone, but I don't want to overdo it, I have to take it easy and slow, and leave him chose the pace of the conversation, while he starts to unfold himself and I for sure don't want to scare him with my enthusiasm and my "being too much and too intense"...so I back up and let myself go with the flow, his flow, which unexpectedly takes us to make some sort of plans to see each other before I leave again...and for two days I find myself entertained by our evening phone conversations, talking joking laughing, with him trying to teach me the proper British english and me trying to make fun of him, which I am not that successful at...I finally book my flight to Birmingham, January 8 to 11, don't know where he will take me and it does not matter, I don't care, it is his call, his game, his choice...I still cannot believe that we are able to spend some days together without having planned it but last minute, and all I can think of it this time to be just the best, to welcome this new year which we have not started together but at the end what does it matter anyway?, to enjoy each other 360°, to make the most out of what we got given the difficult and sometimes impossible situation we have....in the midst of this happiness and anxiety because after all it's 5 months that we haven't seen each other and many little things have silently and not that silently happened between us, I receive his text last night, giving me all sort of advice about which clothing to bring for the weekend..it is so sweet yet serious and order like that makes me smile and, if possible, even looking more forward to this weekend to come as soon as possible...but now the dilemma is: do I behave like the perfect girl and leave my white fur hat at home or do I behave like myself and take it with me?!..I guess this is the least of my dramas, while I close my eys and the only thing I can see are those green grey eyes, apparently darker "because I haven't seen the sun in a while"looking at me at the Arrival area of the Birmingham airport...because as Jenny always says:"We don't always need to plan, we can just let it go and see what happens..."

Nessun commento: