lunedì 11 maggio 2009

"It's not funny, it's amusing"

Is it really AMUSING that someone tells you he/she has been missing you?!?
Just wondering, because when those exact words came out of my giggling mouth yesterday during a pretty casual and laid back phone conversation with the other side of the ocean, my counterpart could not stop laughing while pronuoncing that sentence which I still have to process and digest...is it that amusing? I guess so and I can even see why, considering the person who said so and whom I just gave, with that phrase, my cheek to be openly slapped...nonetheless I find it pretty interesting that he did not even worry about laughing right in my face even after acknoleging that it indeed took me a lot of effort to say that, and instead he pointed out how amused he was by my missing him...whatever, this is why we keep going with these relationships, because we must be intrigued by the different ways of not only thinking but also reacting and showing things, emotions, feelings...even though that fat deep laugh sounded a bit rude (as my friend would say:"E' un gran maleducato!") and hard to swallow, I was not too hurt by that behavior, and on the contrary I found it pretty intimate and amusing myself...am I really out of my mind then? Maybe, but the whole conversation was amusing, light and careless, which is what I can ultimately hope for in this weird relationship of ours, and the fact that we are still able to laugh together and transform a boring Sunday morning into a bright box of crayons from which you never know what you will pick, is for now enough for me to keep smiling at the sound of his laugh and his words and not to send him bluntly "nelle ortiche".....after all I can always send him nelle ortiche if he does not keep his promise of being in touch with me next weekend....and that scene would be amusing, would't it?!xoxo

Nessun commento: