lunedì 25 maggio 2009

Tangoing....

Monday May 25, memorial Day in Phoenix and Dia de la Indipendencia in BA...
6 days in this wonderful city, with a life of his own, and already not wanting to leave it...
Walking down these streets immersed in some sort of Italian/Spanish atmosphere, only not current but dating back to 1940s or so, and looking at faces never encountered before, trying to speaking an idioma muy facil y muy dificil at lo mismo tiempo, bonding with this incredible group day after day....I take my walks with Frank and Sean, I speak with Cynthia and Katie, wait for the surprise talk from Ryan and enjoy the zen spirit of Lu, while paying attention to Daniela and her precious advices and tips....
I laugh most of the day, while eating walking talking tangoing and I feel as good as I haven't felt in months...not a single worry in my mind, this new different dimension arrives exactly when I most need it and when I can take total advantage of it, breathing in full lungs....I am happy, and not afraid to say it out loud because I know there will be other laughs with the group, other great dances with Isaacs Frank and Sebastiano, other nights when it seems like it's impossible to stop laughing....
Tango is starting to sink into my bosy, I getr it more and more everyday and I feel more consciuos let afraid of my body, I make an effort to let go and while I close my eyes I promise myself to let go in real life as well, because as Daniela says, "Tango is a mirror for life" and I want to take advantage of its teaching as much as I can....I know there will still bad dances and frustrating nights/lessons, but I also know che non puo' piovere per sempre and it will get better, because I want it and I know I can make it happen...meanwhile I enjoy this being so far from everything my life is attached to and the funny, nice sound of the iPhone when I get those two messages from that country who lost the World Soccer Cup in 1986 to Argentina, thanks to the mano de Dios....

1 commento:

Paula ha detto...

I felt exactly he same in BA... when are we going a tanguear together, cara? :)