martedì 6 ottobre 2009

So Hoje

"You can't please everyone, so you might as well decide to please yourself"
So true it hurts, so eye opening that I decided to put it into practice from this very last Sunday, which I spent at home relaxing catching up with the housekeeping, starting to organize myself for the trip to Italy next week, without talking on the phone, without glancing at the phone in search of a text or a missed call...completely disconnected from the world outside my door, simply trying to please myself dedicating sometime to myself, as I am so rarely able to do.
AND IT FELT SO GOOD, also because going out for dinner seemed then so much needed and way more enjoyable after having spent the entire day at home, listening to music and talking to the cats, while trying to figure out a way not to drive myself insane....
And I found it during a painful sleepless night, realizing that it's not worth it at all because there is nothing in return and it does not make me feel better, on the contrary, it makes me feel worse..so once again I make my way to the gym for my 30 minute session during which I seriously think I'm not going to make it but I'm going to break my bones muscles skin....and while sweating on the elliptical trainer with my iPhone songs shuffle as a soundtrack I feel happy and satisfied, let's not think about it and see what the future brings along, somehow I will make it work for the best...So Hoje and Stupido are now singing in my ears, tons of memories from those two guys are filling my mind and nonetheless I keep singing along and smiling, "che il passato e' gia' passato e ormai il passato se lo tiene", and anyway it's always good to remember when it does not hurt anymore and you have moved on with your life and you feel good in your skin no matter what keeps on happening or not happening, you keep your shoulders straight and your chin up, and go on, trying to make the best of your life with the cards you have been given and you have accumulated along the way, and knowing that sooner or later you will succeed, no doubt about it, it's the attitude that matters....meanwhile, I will try to keep pleasing myself over anyone else, while enjoying the songs from an intense past that instead of hurting makes my smile with affection***

1 commento:

Pam Nogueira ha detto...

Mari, I'm happy for you!!! I wish I could go to Rimini next week... It would be nice!
I want you to know that you have at least one brazilian friend: me! :D
big kiss