domenica 20 settembre 2009

Sundays....

....are always a challenge because tomorrow is monday, you start working again and you nevefr know which kind of Sunday you will have....I had very bad sad lonely ones and great happy and wonderful ones, it depends on the moon but especially on my mood....
This one started off as a great one, one when you cannot stop smiling and being happy to be alive, right here right now...
The weekend started pretty well with the Thundercares opportunity on Saturday morning, featuring a bad early wake up call but also tons of laughs and fun with some old and new friends....the day went on with a nice last minute lunch with a new girlfriend talking exchanging opinions and ideas, always a good thing...and it ended with my first Saturday night milonga with Frank in a place at the end of the world, which it took us more than an hour to reach...but the dance floor was clean elegant sleek and inviting...the crowd mixed, a lot of familiar faces together with people I had never seen....my black dress embellished with sequins caught the eye of the best looking dancer and I started a sequel of 4 dances which kept getting better and better while my leader showed me new steps and I regained my self confidence...by midnight I was able to pull off Milonga Sentimental as if I had always danced it....great night indeed.
The feeling of this Sunday morning was one of cooking - the ricotta chocolate cake for Giuseppe, bread for the week end pesto because the basil is winking at me and it seemed just right to use it...laundry, phone calls to mom and dad, a little cleaning and while I'm approaching the sun bed in he back yard for some reading while tanning, my iPhone shows me some interesting pieces from my facebook...a message from that good looking dancer of last night, very much flattering indeed, and a post of my wall from that friend who is in DC for the week and :"...let's talk sometime this week"....and that sometime seems about right while I'm laying down under the Phoenix Sunday sun, so we have a nice flirty smooth conversation that reassures me once for all that things haven't changed and we are good, great, even better....
"Life is beautiful and great, don't let circumstances and society fool you into believing it's not" states a backgroung picture in my iPhone...Today that my life is smiling at me and everything seems to be perfect I couldn't feel it more true and realistic and I promise myself I will try my best not to be fooled into believing I have to be this or do that....and I'm off to enjoy my sunny warm happy Sunday....because who knows, maybe next one could be a sad rainy lonely one....;)

Nessun commento: